12/09/2010

Thoughts: The Nerve Centre is No More...For Now.

Well The Nerve Centre is no more - at least for now. All the paintings have been taken down from the walls, the artists left with their work, The spartan centurion, that stood guard and watched over everything, quickly left, crashing through the doors and shutters in the dead of night and running down Renshaw Street, towards lime street, frightening the last of the drunken yawning revelers, on his way back to his home by Sandhills station. The music, the film, the chatter has stopped. And now the Centre will be replaced by another group of artists. Who very quickly began to pull the place apart. As well as the upbeat vibe, the warmth, the creativity and the challenging discussions – some things stick in my mind. On the first night, someone said to me ; you know I have never seen any of these people at the art openings I go to’ During the the following weeks new people said to me‘ You gotta to keep this place going, the city needs it’ ‘You know during that discussion, I decided I was going to leave my job, and focus full time on The Nerve Centre’.‘let me tell you, I would have been dead, if I hadn’t have found The Nerve Centre that night, I really mean that, it saved my life’ ‘I laughed, I cried, I was moved, I felt so comfortable here, I have learnt so much, thank you’ And these are just a few comments. We need to start putting our ideas down on paper. The Nerve Centre is wanted and its needed. And this is only the beginning.
Darren Guy. 
Please feel free to mail your thoughts and hopes and ideas on The Nerve Centre's past, present and future to the blog. Use the comments box, mail via Catalyst or check the contact info on the front page. As Darren says, The Nerve Centre is wanted and needed, and no one is in disagreement there. Let's make it happen! 

The Nerve Centre.

No comments: