23/08/2010

Photos: How! Why! DIY Aftermath.

Last Sunday, How! Why! DIY invaded The Nerve Centre for a day of technology DIY that was well received by all, and caused many a fight at the kids table, happiness for visitor Carol, a Liverpool resident who received a lovely new computer thanks to the event acquiring ten computers from a local University that were due for disposal until they were rescued and fully reconditioned with all the necessities the modern computer user could need to be redistributed. Says Carol:

"My computer broke down, and my mate lent me a laptop. It was knacked though! News From Nowhere pointed me to the event (at The Nerve Centre) and How! Why! DIY gave me a new computer. It's got loads of games and soon I'll have the internet and be on my way again! I went to the Spiritualist Church before I came to the event today and wished for a new computer as I'm a bit broke at the moment and it came! Everyone at The Nerve Centre was so helpful in helping me get it back home and I couldn't be happier!"

If everyone who comes to The Nerve Centre, and the How! Why ! DIY event, was this happy then we've done our job and more. This was especially the case with the kids table, where fights of the happy kind were occurring over the Drawbots, pictured below:

The Drawbot Family atop their work!
Thanks would like to be put out to Bold Street Coffee for kindly donating the cups used in these critters production and the ever brillinat Rennes for donating the pens that made such a multitude of brilliant and evocative pictures, some of which can be seen at the entrance to the basement. And, in the pictures below.

Piles of art on cushions!

Wheels within wheels.

Sad Eyes.

Our Guest Book gets fuller!

The Fortunascope, borrowed from Casamia.

This little bot showered me in bubbles on a few occasions!

Windows alternative ubuntu was distributed. Try it out!

No wonder fights broke out if that's what these Drawbots can do! Needless to say much more went on, as you can see from the other shots, and if you were here we'd love to hear your opinions on the event as well!

The Nerve Centre.

Photos by Sebastian Gahan.

No comments: